Today started out just GRAND. I got up, did a 30-minute workout, fixed a healthy, healthy breakfast and then did my quiet time. I also actually made it to work on time in spit of all of that. Then, the munchies hit. I think it had to do with the fact that I had eaten breakfast so much earlier than usual and didn't have a healthy snack at the ready. What do I do? I go get a bag of Reese's Pieces and a Diet Coke. Only problem was that it was a jumbo bag that contained a whopping 800 calories. I didn't eat the whole thing in one sitting, though. I ate some, then put the rest in the break room to "share" with my coworkers. Then, I came back in from lunch, saw that some pieces remained and ate the rest. Sigh. Here's the day's totals:
Day 3 (Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2010)
Cals eaten: 2256
Cals used (workouts only): 544
Net Cals: 1712
BMR * 1.2 = 1937
Net Cal Deficit: 225
My diet & fitness journal notes for the day: Today's goal met: yes, mood: 7, energy level: 7. "Blah. That's all I have to say about that."
I burned my calories by doing two workouts; one 30 minute bellydance dvd at 6:00 a.m. and a 50-minute evening workout that consisted of a warm-up, The P.B.*, 30 minutes of jogging and a cool-down/stretch session.
*The P.B. is 5 sets of 10 of the following: push-ups (on my knees for now), squats, cable rows and lunges on each leg.
I KNOW that a deficit is still a deficit and I'm happy that I still came out on top. What I'm bummed about is letting those little peanut butter candies get the best of me today. I saw my motivational letter in my drawer and actively averted my eyes every time I reached in for another piece of candy. My goals for tomorrow are to stay on track, don't allow myself to buy anything off-plan and to take it easy for the day. I'm all hopped up on workouts and it would be easy to continue that trend tomorrow. My body does need a rest, so I'm just going to do 30-minutes of low-impact cardio after work and possibly do a 30-minute walk during lunch.
Well, that is all for day 3. I already feel better having typed this out and knowing that I have a plan in place to keep from making the same mistake tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment