Chocolate is going to be the end of me. I keep telling myself, "I can stop at a serving", but I can't. I never can. I was within my calorie range today and had a decent deficit, but it wasn't done by eating things I want to put into my body every day.
Day 5 (Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010)
Cals eaten: 1792
Cals used (workouts only): 498
Net Cals: 1294
BMR * 1.2 = 1937
Net Cal Deficit: 643
My diet & fitness journal notes for the day: Today's goal met: no, mood: 7, energy level: 7. "Step away from the chocolate!"
I burned my calories by doing the Weight Watchers Get Moving Mix Cardio Dance DVD for 20 minutes this morning and The Firm Ride the Wave and Speed Slimming Sculpt Express DVDs for a total of 33 minutes this evening.
My name is Kimberly, and I am a chocoholic. This afternoon at lunch, I ran home, packed a healthy meal and zoomed out the door so I could go to Alco (our Wal-Mart type store), for a few necessities. I conscientiously pulled up to the store thinking that I would be leaving with some sort of treat. That should have been a big, blaring warning sign for me. I left with a Twix and a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I ate the Twix right after lunch and about half of the PB Cups about 3 hours later. I was fortunate, though. All of that sweetness made me feel miserable. My stomach hurt, I felt bloated and I even contemplated not working out tonight. The horror! I compensated a bit by eating a low-calorie, but satisfying dinner and pushing through my workout. It wasn't so hard, but I don't want to do that again tomorrow, or any other day for that matter.
I'm also facing a bit of concern from MM. He feels I may be working out too much. I definitely understand his concern, but I'm listening to my body and taking it easy on days I feel it's necessary. I'm such a sedentary person that I think it's okay if, on my day "off", I take a 30-minute walk. Time will tell, but I did promise MM that I will be careful. He's also a bit concerned that I may cut too many calories, but I am eating until I'm satisfied. My gauge is a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being painfully hungry and 10 being painfully full. I'd love to eat until I'm at 5 every time I eat, but it's closer to 6 and maybe even 7. I'm definitely not feeling hungry all day, so I'm sure I'm getting enough cals in. Again, time will tell and I will make adjustments if necessary.
I am proud of myself for getting through 5 full days with a positive attitude and definite results, even if the results aren't physical!
No comments:
Post a Comment