Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm feeling good

Today didn't end up being the day I wanted it to be calorie intake/output wise, but I have such a positive outlook right now that I'm able to see past it. Here's today's breakdown:

Day 4 (Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010)

Cals eaten: 2096
Cals used (workouts only): 189
Net Cals: 1907
BMR * 1.2 = 1937
Net Cal Deficit: 30

My diet & fitness journal notes for the day: Today's goal met: no, mood: 7, energy level: 7. "Today was another productive day & I love all the energy I have!"

I burned my calories by doing a Bellydance Boogie DVD (tons of fun!) this evening.


Now I know that any sane person would tell me that I'm not going to lose weight with only a deficit of 30 calories and I heartily agree. The lesson I learned from all of this is that I cannot track my food at night after I've eaten it all. I HAVE to track it as I eat, or as soon thereafter as practical, to know where I stand. I'm moving on and focusing on doing things right tomorrow.

I'm feeling SO great, though. My energy level has been sky-high just since making changes to my workout regimen and eating habits on Sunday. The house is neater, the laundry is actually put away and I have given myself the gift of additional free time every evening so far. I've been getting up earlier than I thought I ever would and I just feel so clean, even with the slip-ups I've had. I haven't weighed myself, but if I did this morning and the scale hadn't changed, I know I would still have a smile on my face because I can feel my body changing. Praise the Lord for that!!!

2 comments: