Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Journal: Day 1

Here's my food log for yesterday:

8:00: 1/2 cup coffee, 8 oz H2O
8:45: 1 cup Fiber One Cereal, 3/4 cup 1% milk, 2 slices turkey bacon
11:00: Yoplait Light Apple Turnover
12:20: Mini-bun, 1T light mayo, 2 slices pastrami, 1 slice pepper jack cheese, small romaine salad w/ 1T Italian dressing, 6 oz H2O
1:15: 1 string cheese, 12 oz cherry coke
3:00: 12 oz pepsi
4:45: Banana, 8 oz H2O
5:00: 60 oz H2O (during workout)
6:30: Mini-bun, 2 slices pepper loaf, 1 slice PJ cheese, 1T sliced onion, 1t EVOO, small romaine salad w/ 1T Italian dressing, small bag of sun chips, 8 oz H2O
9:00: 1 large apple, 2T peanut butter

My workout today was: 5 min. walking warm-up, 40:35 Grinder pyramid 5->25->5, 9:25 cool down.


It was a decent enough day. I didn't record calories, but I've started doing that for this morning. I clearly see where my mistakes were: I shouldn't be drinking any sodas and I need much more fruit/veggies in my day.

I did push it pretty hard for my workout last night, but that resulted in a flair-up of my plantar fasciitis. That is a huge wake up call for me because I haven't had a problem with it since January of 2009. That means that this weight I've put back on is really starting to affect me again. Instead of making me want to slow myself down during workouts, having the heel problem makes me want to push it harder to get the weight off quicker.

I'm leaving for Austin on Saturday for a class for work. I'll have plenty of down time as my roommate is a pretty heavy sleeper and goes to bed very early. My plan is to use that down time to go through two of my bulk cooking cookbooks to find some calorie-controlled meals that I can make ahead and freeze. I think I'll plan on using the weekend after my trip to do a major cook-ahead day to keep the freezer stocked.

Well, that's the post for yesterday. Today's a new day and I'm going to do it as well as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment