Tuesday, October 5, 2010

9 Months From Now...

...I will not have a baby (probably), but that is how long it could take for me to reach my goal weight. And that's considering a healthy, two-pound-a-week weight loss journey. What is nine months? Nothing! I've calculated that, starting yesterday, I could be at my FINAL goal weight in nine months which is the week before my cousin's wedding AND the week before my birthday. Isn't that awesome?!

The most success I've had thus far in my weight loss journey was following a basic list of Unacceptable/Acceptable Foods and Rules for Eating that MM developed for me. Quite frankly, it's common sense; eat non-processed, healthy foods most of the time and do so in small portions. Give yourself a little "treat" every now and then and KEEP GOING if you get off track. That's it. That's how you eat to lose weight. When I think about how easy it is in theory, I feel like an idiot for not accomplishing it yet, but I know that it's not just as easy as that unless I let it be. I know that I've let my emotions and lack of discipline and motivation get in the way.

I have made some promising strides in the past two days. I've committed to surrounding myself with positive people who will support my efforts as much as I support theirs. I've also committed to going to two support groups expressly geared towards weight loss and healthy living. I have committed to see this through, meeting new goals each month, but only taking it one day at a time. Here are my October goals:

-Go to Zumba every Monday I'm in town.
-Work out at least 30 minutes 5 days a week in addition to Zumba.
-No sodas of any kind!!
-Eat according to MM's food plan/rules.
-Log all consumption and exercise in a written or online journal.
-Attend Wednesday lunch meetings every week I'm in town.
-Attend all Sunday support group meetings every week I'm in town.

To some, this may seem like a lot. To others, it may seem like too little. For me, it is just right. It will be easy to monitor and will be easy to jump back into if I get off track a little bit. I'm not going to give myself a reward for accomplishing any of it, though. I figure my reward will be the weight/inches I've lost on November 1 when I see my goals checked off every day for the rest of the month. I really can't see the results because I know they will be amazing as long as I stick to my goals. I will do my best not to move on to new goals until this month is done and I will not look ahead to tomorrow. I will think about today and focus on the choices I make this moment.

The word "fail" is no longer in my vocabulary and one bump in the road is just that, a bump that I'll fly over and move on from. I will do my best to come back here and update things, even if it's just to ramble like I'm doing today, because I know that it helps me be somewhat accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment