Wednesday, October 6, 2010

2.5 Days Down; 327.5 Days To Go!!

After 2.5 days on this current track, I'm feeling great. I know that it always seems I fall off the wagon after the first week, but I'm really, really going to fight that this time.

I threw that 9-month time period in there and now I don't know if I regret it or not. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that I have a final goal date in mind. Of course, nobody made me calculate that I was 9 months away and I certainly didn't have to break it down into days, either!

I went to our Wednesday lunch-time support meeting and it was very nice. I had a leftover half of a chicken breast on a romaine salad and we ate outside in the rose garden, which was very pleasant. The weather is just right for that now.

Zumba Monday night was lots of fun and made me really sore, so I know I worked some good muscles there. I also walked twice for 30 minutes yesterday and did a 35-minute walking dvd that amounted to two miles this morning. Tonight, if MM doesn't get back from inspections in time to leave for Bible Study, I'll be back at Zumba at 6:30. I'm looking forward to both, so I won't really be disappointed regardless of what happens.

So, things are good on the eating "front" and the workout "front", so it seems I'm doing this right for now. I know that the weekly meetings with the ladies at work and the weekly meetings with the church group will be key in keeping me accountable and on track. I know that expecting to actually lose 2 lbs. a week may be a pipe dream, but I will do my best to fight for the goals I want to reach. Some days will be a struggle, but some days, like the past 2.5, will breeze by and I'll be so thankful that I made the right choices for my body!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! You got this!!! I'll be thinking about you and cheering you on the entire way!! Get my mom to join you too!! I know she will feel better about herself!! You Got this girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Your mom got me going to Zumba and it's so much fun!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete