Thursday, June 10, 2010

Starting Stats

The only one I have today is that my weight this morning was 198 lbs. That stinks, but it's better than it was before we left for our trip to Corpus Christi. I weighed 199 then. So, that makes my OFFICIAL starting weight 198.

I haven't received my new BDS books, but I'm expecting them tomorrow. I'm not sure what the whole format is, so I don't know a whole lot about the goal setting. I do know where I'd like to be weight-wise, but since I'm not sure I should have a certain number in my head as part of the BDS, I'm not going to post it here. I'm also going to refrain from any kind of goal deadlines for right now. In the past, setting a certain date to lose x amount of lbs. by has almost always ended up in disappointment. Then I feel sorry for myself and wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong as I eat a conciliatory ice cream cone. That ain't gonna work.

I am planning on doing goal "rewards" for right now, but that may change as a result of my reading BDS. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs., getting myself down to 188, as quickly as is healthy. To reward myself for reaching that goal, I'm going to order The Amory Wars, Vol. 1 and I can't friggin' wait. (And yes, I am a HUMONGOUS nerd.) Last time I started a good weight loss plan, I lost 12 lbs. in a month, so I very well could just be 30 days away from ordering this. That's awesome. I'm not going to count on it or anything, but it's an exciting prospect. 12 lbs. a month isn't really healthy weight loss for the long-term, but it's probably okay for the first month. I just want to see if I can push myself to accomplish that again.

I've looked into the BDS a little more. I can't go into specifics since I'm just getting all of this from a bit of internet research, but I think I have a general idea of what's coming. What I've read so far from people that use the solution is really motivating and looks like it will have a positive effect on my efforts. Well, I need to get back to work before I run out of time, so I'm off!

My books come in tomorrow and I'll spend the weekend acquainting myself with them and work on getting some healthy food in the house. Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment