Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 1 - I'm a bit behind :)

I am officially on Day 5 of the BDS. Going by the calendar, I should be on Day 8, but I spent some extra time on some skills to get better at them. I had intended to post my days working through the books as they occurred, but that didn't happen. I'm having a bit of a hard time with some of the steps, so I'm hoping that repeating them here will help me move onward and upward.

My task for Day 1 was to "Record the Advantages of Losing Weight". That entailed making a list of reasons I want to lose the weight I need to. I'm already seeing areas of my list that I want to fine-tune, but here it is as it stands now:

1. I’ll be in better health.
2. I’ll make my loved ones proud.
3. I’ll live longer.
4. I’ll enjoy TTC.
5. Healthfully carry babies.
6. I’ll like myself more.
7. I’ll feel more in control.
8. I’ll have more confidence.
9. I’ll increase my self-esteem.
10. I’ll feel more outgoing.
11. I’ll do more things I love. (BEACH!!)
12. Less back problems.
13. Less general aches.
14. Less fear about things.
15. I’ll look better.
16. I’ll be more attractive to MM.
17. I’ll be able to wear a smaller size.
18. I’ll enjoy clothes shopping.
19. I won’t feel so self-conscious.
20. I’ll feel better physically.
21. I’ll have more energy.
22. I’ll be more physically fit.

23. I’LL FEEL AS IF I’VE ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING BIG!!


As you see, some of them are superficial and some of them are important and related to my health. There are some things that I am going to add to the list, some that I'm going to take off and a few that I'm just going to combine into one item.

I read the list each morning before I get out of bed and again at 2:30 every day. I keep the list framed around the house and I also have it on a 3x5 card that I keep in my purse. The ones in my purse are there so I can pull them out and read them any time I am facing a craving or feel like eating when I'm not really hungry. At this point, I'm following the instructions more to the letter than applying them in theory. That's a problem I hope to eradicate this very instant. From here on out, I commit to READ my cards, not just peruse them, but to really digest the information I've given myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment