Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wow...

That's all I can say. Wow. I feel great. I've had so much energy since really getting things together and changing my eating habits on Thursday of this week. I've already noticed a significant reduction in bloating and with my period nearing, that's BIG. MM even noticed a difference from last Sunday to this Sunday. Could it be? Is this the final push? I don't want to get too hopped up, but I think so.

I really thought the transition would be difficult. It hasn't been at all. I don't miss meat and I'm not really craving any of my old vices right now. I know it's early, but days 3 - 4 are normally my toughest and I'm not really facing any of those old challenges right now. Could I eat a piece of chocolate? Sure, but I'm not craving it at all. Considering the time of the month for me, I'm astounded to be able to honestly feel that way. It's amazing!

I have to keep my head on straight, though, and keep going. This is going to be a long, hard road, but I'm feeling good that I may have finally found the vehicle to get me to the end of it. What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. You go Girl! I need to learn how to eat better. I love candy and junk food. I snack all day on junk food and I never really eat a real meal. I cook them all the time for Eric, but I hardly ever eat it. We have a farmers market every Tuesday that we go to. We haven't bought anything but a bottle of honey lol. I could take some tips from you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's great that you're cooking for Eric and I'm sure he really appreciates it! I'm jealous that you have a farmers market to go to. Next time you go, just buy ONE new kind of fruit/veggie/bean and then go online and find a good recipe for it. I do that all the time and have found some really great recipes that we eat regularly now. Sometimes it'll be great and sometimes it'll be gross, but at least you'll be doing something new and healthy!

    ReplyDelete