Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This is hard

We just got back from our mini-vacation in Ruidoso, NM. I didn't eat horrendously, but I ate badly enough that I've reverted back to some old bad habits. Sodas being one of them. Another is my sweet tooth. I had been doing a great job controlling it with fruits, yogurt and SF jello, but now I'm craving (and eating) chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I also haven't been keeping the meat at bay as much as I am wanting to. I have kept my workouts up, but the two kind of counteract each other.

Yesterday's workout was tough. Another intense, short workout with push-ups, vertical jumps, forward jumps, deep squats and then skipping. SKIPPING?! Yes, skipping. It's embarrassing how much the skipping wore me out. The thing that ticked me off the most was that it took soooooo long to get around the lap skipping. Your whole body's engaged and moving, but you're going so slow, in reality. I really just wanted to break out into a sprint to get the lap over with a couple of times, but that wouldn't really be that great for my endurance and my "trainer" (MM) probably would have made me skip the lap over anyways.

I remember a particular moment quite clearly. I was in the middle of my 5th forward jump on round four of the rotation and thought to myself, "I would be kicking ass if I was eating right." And you know what, I'm right. Why can't I just do that, then? It is always the eating that gets to me. I've had burritos for both meals today and some Reese's PB Cups for snacks, not to mention the two sodas I've had. Yuck. It's so gross when I think about what I'm putting into my body. I'm thinking that I need to get back to food-journaling again, or maybe even posting my daily meals here. Maybe then I'll think twice about what I'm eating. I hope so. I've got to get out of this bad-food-funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment